Position: Quantitative Analyst Intern
Summary of Position:
Our Quantitative Analyst Internship is an accelerated opportunity to experience a corporate setting. The intern will be working cross-functionally to define meaningful success metrics for the company, use statistical analysis and data mining techniques to better understand user behaviors and influence product features. You will be assigned a senior mentor who will get you up to speed quickly so that you can learn as much as possible and contribute to the success of the team. XXX is an active environment where you will be treated as a team member and expected to contribute each day of your internship. If you are looking for an opportunity to gain experiences in Quantitative Analysis, this is a great stepping stone and earns you real world experience!
- Define meaningful success metrics for the company by using statistical analysis and data mining techniques.
- Assist the team with fixed income and equities research projects, as directed.
- Maintain and enhance the group’s existing quant infrastructure, function library, data, and databases.
- Assist senior quantitative analysts with the construction, enhancement, and testing of
- multi-factor models.
- Build a database of macroeconomic factors by collecting data from a variety of third
- party data sources.
- Research different optimizers for fixed income and equities and present the findings to
- the team.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled in Computer Science, Statistics, Math,
- Engineering, or another quantitative discipline or enrolled in a graduate degree program.
- Excellent programming skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to quickly absorb new technical concepts and tools
This position is on location in New York, NY – Hours of operation are 9:00am – 5:30pm ET,
Monday – Friday.