Position: Private Equity Business Development Associate
Summary of Position:
As the private equity business development associate, you will be a key member of our team, working to source new investment opportunities. You will participate in all aspects of the business development process including industry/market research, deal origination qualification, and relationship building with acquisition target executives and investment bankers. You will be responsible for gathering key financial metrics and building initial template models for promising companies.
- Open and develop accounts
- Conduct market research to understand the space and investment thesis fit
- Lead sourcing and evaluating actionable investment opportunities in the financial sector
- Develop and advance business relationships
- Identify M&A and strategic opportunities for existing portfolio companies
- Provide detailed due diligence on potential strategic growth opportunities including initial meeting, review of performance, attribution analysis, financial review, and creation of detailed fund revaluation.
- Review and monitor Private Equity Data/Risk metrics
- Coordinate all aspects of transaction execution and deal closing process with Senior Management
- Prepare investor communications, including but not limited to financial forecasts, reporting and financial estimates
- Oversee back testing of investments analytical framework and cash flow forecasts
- Manage the acquisition pipelines for current portfolio companies
- Prepare investment committee reports to present to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Previous Sales Experience of at least three to six months
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform research to identify new companies and people for prospecting
- Ability to be resourceful with a can-do attitude when issues arise
- Entrepreneurial, Competitive and Outgoing
- Strong work ethic and interest in learning about private equity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Willing and able to work full time in New York with an immediate start date.
- High degree of professionalism and high level of comfort interacting with C-level
- executives and clients
- Finance experience is a plus, but not a requirement. This role is an excellent way to learn
- Business development experience is a plus but not a requirement. Must be willing to
- make calls to succeed.